Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Homemade Egg Incubator

I hatched all my gamefowl egg using my homemade incubator
(polystyrene box).
All of the component such as thermostat,thermometer,dimmer switch,
wire for connection and 40 watt bulb/socket obtained from local electrical store.
I made it as simple and cheap as it can be because this incubator
model is only for my educational purposes only.

Inside the incubator


I use egg tray to hold my eggs in place so that I would stay still.
I use two different thermometer for redundancy.

The thermostat and dimmer switch



I control my incubator approximately at 39C.As you can see,I did not monitor
the humidity because here in my place,the humidity is high,meaning mothly
relative humidity falls between 70-90 %.

For the hatching mode,I just sprikle mist of water to help soften the egg to help hatching.

The hatching percentage for my incubator is around 60% where 4 out of  7 eggs
hatched (first batch),8 out of 15 eggs hatched,and 18 out of 25 eggs hatched.

Until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment